Friday, May 4, 2012

Creamy Tuscan Soup

I have never been one to enjoy spicy food, even black pepper some times was too much for me! What made me think this recipe would be good to try, I have no idea, but it is delicious - I just have to wipe the sweat from my brow as I eat.
This recipe has a bit of a higher fat content than an average meal, but when adjusting the meal through the rest of the day, and even more so., eliminating grain, it has a bit of a balance.

4-5 servings

Ingredients 
1/2 chopped onion
tbsp bacon drippings (or EVOO)
3 cloves minced garlic
6 links sweet Italian sausage
4 medium potatoes sliced
1 container low sodium chicken broth
1 cup chopped leafy greens (kale, spinach, Swiss chard)
pinch Cayenne pepper
pinch red pepper flakes
tsp ground turmeric
1/2 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper - to taste

In medium sauce pan add bacon drippings (or EVOO), saute onion and garlic for two minutes. Add sliced sausage - cook until meat is no longer pink (do not brown)
Add Cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes to taste. Add potatoes and broth. Simmer until potatoes are tender.
Add kale and turmeric, cook until tender (apx. 5 minutes).
Add cream and cook until warm.
Season with salt and pepper.

This is a very filling soup, and oh so delicious!
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and encouraged!